Saturday 25 June 2011

Greetings from Zech

Hello - tent and pitched for the night - about to get scrubbed up. Not long arrived in Zech, on the east shore of Bodenese (aka Lake Konstanz). Great ride today - nice and easy and no problems with navigation. Stopped in Meersburg - beautiful town - and was forced into doing some retail therapy - couldn`t resist some nice ear-rings - could have bought a lot more - loads of pretty crafty stuff but no-where to put it. Sat by the shore and picnic-ed - I´m in love with German bread roles - even better than French Bagettes! Seen all manor of bikes - and all sorts of people out riding and I can confirm that it is possible to cycle with a dog in a basket - seen a variety of wee dogs either in baskets at the front or rear of the bike - and one wee westie being towed in a buggy at the back of the bike - so now I know it´s possible I just need to get a buggy and a Westie (but think I´ll wait for retirement)! Can now see the mountains - there looking a wee bit scarey - not sure how I´m going to get on with the uphills but just need to take it a wee bit at a time and I´m sure the bike and myself will make it - Nige if I get there before you - you are buying me wine and dinner (please).
See everyone else who is coming out to the Dolomites in a few days and everyone else in a couple of weeks.
LOL
Lucy

No comments: