Wednesday 22 June 2011

Good morning

Hello - greetings from Friebourg, Germany. Made it here yesterday early afternoon after a beautiful bike ride down the east side of the Rhine and then heading east - lots of birds, butterflies and dragonflies. Had intended carrying on but huge thunder and lightening storm in the afternoon - heavens opened and rained ++++++ and forgot to stop - after sheltering for quite some time decided to book into the local back packers hostle - good excuse to treat myself to a nice comfy bed. When the rain finally stopped I walked up the "mountain" and then up the viewing tower at the top and got fabby views of the town and surrounding area. Had a wee wander round the town which is pretty but can´t believe how much drinking there is going on in the streets. Back to the hostle to finnish off my bottle of wine that I´ve been carrying in my paniers for 2 days now and my very mature and ripening camambert - Nige would have loved it!!!
Right back on the road again.
Love to all.
Lucy

No comments: