Thursday 19 June 2008

Count Down

Only 9.5 days until I set off on my bike ride from John O`Groats to Land`s End (AKA - JOGLE). Ideally I would like to be able to do it in a week so that I can relax and let Nigel show me some of the sites of Cornwall and Devon when I get there, but I suspect it might be closer to 10 days.......but lets wait and see - I might surprise myself and a few other doubters!!

So why am I doing this?? Two main reasons, really:

1. "Because it`s there!" - It is just something I have fancied doing for a long time and for a number of years I have said that next year is going to be the year and never got round to doing it but 2008 is definately the year, and with only 9.5 days to go there is no backing out now, especially as reason number ...........


2. Is to raise lots of money for "The LINK Centre for Deafened People" - http://www.linkdp.org . LINK gives vital support to Deafened people and their families through the trauma of sudden or progressive Aquired Profound Hearing Loss. Please give generously to this very worthwhile cause - this can be done by using the following link: http://mycharitypage.com/LINKScotland .

Thankyou to everyone who has already donated money already.

No comments: