Friday 20 June 2008

9 Days to Go

A trip like this takes quite a bit of planning and organising so with not much more than a week to go I should be pretty much sorted, well almost anyway, kind of, maybe. Sorry - planning and organising is not my forte. So here is how it stands at the moment:

1. Fundraising for LINK going well but could be better - get your donations in quick!

2. Route - North to South - hopefully with the wind behind. I have cycled most of my planned route from John O`Groats to the Scottish / English Border, except the stretch between Perth and the North Side of the Forth Road Bridge. Nigel is going to help me plan my route south of the border.

3. Bike maintenance prior to setting off - hopefully my new back tyre and front and back brake blocks have been delivered - there is not much grip left on my back tyre and my brake are no longer working without the assistance of my feet connecting with tarmac - essential maintenance needed prior to departure.

4. Bike maintenance while on route - keep fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong - other than changing my tyres and inner tubes at incredibly slow speed I haven't a scooby how to look after my trusty steed - I have declined offers of how to fix various parts and am going to stick with the "keep fingers crossed and hope for the best option".

5. Accommodation - the first night at my parent`s house in Dingwall, hopefully make it to Perth the second night and stay with my friend, Dawn - after that it will be mainly camping and some hostelling.

6. Grub and drink - eat lots, anything I fancy, whenever I want - this is not the time or place to think about calories.

7. Have fun and hope my backside isn`t too sore when i get to the Land`s End








No comments: